St. Luke's Parish, Anna Nagar was started thanks to the initiative taken by the then Archbishop of Madras - Mylapore, Most. Rev. Dr. Arulappa. The first mass was celebrated by Fr. M. K. Paul SSP on 3rd December 1972 in a private house. The foundation stone for the construction of a new church was laid on 27th February 1976 and was consecrated under the patronage of St. Luke on 2nd October 1977.
St. Luke's Church is one of the larger parishes with about 4000 members. As the church building was not sufficient to accommodate all the members during Sundays and other important services, the old church building was demolished, and a new church was built. The new St. Luke’s church was consecrated on 8th December 2018 by Most Rev. Dr. George Antonysamy, Archbishop – Madras Mylapore.
Parish Priests of St. Luke’s Church
* Rev. Fr. M.K. Paul SSP : 1977 - 1981
* Rev. Fr. Dominic Vallaiparambil SSP : 1986 - 1994
* Rev. Fr. Michael Raj SSP : 1994 – 2007
* Rev. Fr. Gregory Rayappan SSP : 2007 - 2013
* Rev. Fr. Richard Amaladoss SSP : 2 013 - 2014
* Rev. Fr. Prasad Ignatius Y : 2014 – 2019
* Rev. Fr. Francis Michael : 2019 – till date